Dual HMI (Panel View 300) to a MircoLogix 1500

kay_gsr13

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello everyone! I'm trying to hook up two HMI(panel view 300) to the same PLC (micro logix 1500) using the same port as the other port is connect to a 1761-NET-ENI Ethernet interface. I figured that since the HMIs are using the same communication protocol DH485 then some sort of splitter would suffice. Is this even possible with my current hardware? If this was possible, would there be any signal degradation? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yes if your PV300 supports DH485 protocol.

What is the complete catalog number of your PV300?

See pdf below for the 1761-NET-AIC, hardware to connect the PLC and HMI's together.

Mikey,

Thanks for the prompt response. The full CAT # is 2711-M3A18L1 Series A

Your PV supports DF1 protocol, you need DH485 to network them. I believe you can change the firmware to support DH485 protocol though. Check with your local AB rep or if you have the
Panelbulider 32 CD it may be there. Note: I have not tried this.

Last edited:
I gave the CAT# to a local sales engineer and he told me that it did support DH485. I'm glad you confirmed that it didn't. The current firmware is 4.46, I will see if it can be updated. Will keep you posted. Once again thanks for all your help.

I gave the CAT# to a local sales engineer and he told me that it did support DH485. I'm glad you confirmed that it didn't. The current firmware is 4.46, I will see if it can be updated. Will keep you posted. Once again thanks for all your help.

Show the engineer this..

protocol.png