E35 error Kinetix 6000 IAM

nightline

Gents I've here a Kinetix 6000 servo system for playing / learning.
After a firmware update and rewiring it comes with error E35.
Probably after a wrong start-up sequence.

The manual tells me to measure the supply voltage or send the unit for repair to Rockwell.

Supply voltage from LIM is within spec. so the unit should be send for repair.

But this is to expensive for the purpose of the unit.

Has anyone experience with the repair of this type of error on this type of unit?
Or point me in a direction, what should I measure / check...??

Thanks in advance!

Jack

Jack,

If you have TechConnect then have a look here for some pointers...

647129 - Kinetix 6500 precharge fault FLT S25 Precharge failure
Access Level: TechConnect

While it refers specifically to a 6500 and fault S25, it is the same as a 6000 with E35.

Basically it says check the contactor enable contact is closed before power up and that there are no bent pins or empty slots.

Another possibility...

I don't know the service history of this drive, but it's also possible that the bus precharge inrush protection resistor has degraded and is imposing too high a resistance. This resistor is fitted after the AC/DC bridge and is used to prevent high inrush currents when AC voltage is applied to the drive. It has a wattage rating and should not be exposed to excessive power cycling within short periods of time. A typical scenario which causes this is safety circuits frequently tripping the drive's AC supply. If this is the case, or similar, then the resistance tends to increase as it degrades. Too high a resistance will slow the precharging down and the drive can time out on E35.

When these drives are sent for repair for this error, it is typically this resistor that is replaced.

Regards,
George

Great info George!
I have a TechConnect at my work, so I can check the technote.

Have you any idea what the resistance of this precharge resistor should be?

Regards

Jack

Gents,

I found 6 resistors red color about 2 watt which should have a resistance of 56 Kohm.
One of these measured about 125 Kohm, so this could be the problem...
I ordered 6 new resistors and replaced all the resistors.

After assembling the drive, I've installed it on the power rail connected all wires from LIM module, IO connector and motor cables.
Switched on the power, and watched the numbers counting 1, 2, 3, 4, the power relais in the LIM switched on, and off again, and the IAM module showed again the E35 fault message...
So no luck so far...

Has anyone suggestions how to solve this problem?