"EDDI"-standard for PLC-programming

In our factory, we use several PLC's from AllenBradly (PLC5/20). In programs are written using the "EDDI"-standard.

I'm not very familiar with this standard, so I'm looking for some more info about it.

Who can help me, or where can I find some more info: manuals, ...

Thank

Mark

I am not aware of an EDDI Standard, I am aware of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) which was developed under ANSI guidelines. This means that anyone using it uses the same method and same rules.

A PLC5 should still be programmed with RSLogix5 (or maybe 6200 or AI?)if it has been around awhile) but if it is using barcode scanners etc then it may have to conform to aspects of EDI for Data exchange.

I am just guessing, do you know what the EDDI stands for?

I have a customer that uses EDDI (Error Diagnostics with Dynamic Indication) with Siemens controllers. It's a programming methodology that defines a structure for the program that combines the control and diagnostics in a pre-defined set of ladder logic rungs. If it's implemented properly and the preliminary documentation is completed, the PLC program pretty much writes itself, including the diagnostics. There's usually a "standard" set of HMI screens as well that interact with the PLC program. You'll need to find the EDDI specification as pertains to the implementation at your plant to get a firm grasp of it.

Regards,

Rob