Elevator with TwidoSuit

Periflageton

Hello guys,
I've stuck with my project. This project is my diploma work for my university to take my graduation. I'm gonna make mini model of an elevator, but I have a problem. It will be elevator with 3 floors and doors (for doors I'll use lights so when light is on door is open, light = off door is closed). So I did my program and when the elevator is for example at the 1st stage and I push button for the 1st stage the door is opening. But when I call it from 2nd stage and the elevator is at first stage my door is opening at the moment when my elevator is beginning to go up. And I can't find out what a logic I have to use to make it when my elevator is on the stage to open the door. So can you help me with ides or if you need to know something more please ask me, I'll try to explain. I use TWDLMDA20DTK . Thanks in advance for answers. Have a nice day!

hey
do a thread search
All Elevator progams requests there are thousands on this site.
Almost ANY plc can handle this all you nee to know is the I/O allocations
It is your task for your university course so....
do the work for your university course - dont ask us to do it for you.
Amongst others I have helped people with there task - Guided towards the answers.
BUT NEVER GIVING THEM
try writing a logic map of what u need - sorry cant remember spelling 'Karnough ??' map then write your program.
issues can be shown to us in PDF format - we will help you.

No, I do not ask you to give me the program, I just ask you for idea how to do it, I will give my program and my progress. My elevator will be with 3 floors. I already did when it is at 0th stage and it is pushed 0th floor button and my doors are opening, but when I call it from 1st floor for example it doesn't come and I can't make the logic and I ask you for idea. But I'll make .pdf file with my ladder and upload it like you siad

have a look at recent elevator threads - there is one for an AB plc less than 1 week ago -

this and the trafic light routine is a common class question
as I said show your issues in PDF format - we will help

sorry your post came up after this - looking at it now

you need to slow your thinking down - every process takes time
a door needs to go from open to closed (timer)
and the same the other way closed to open (timer)
each step needs time - remember -
because you are using a simulator this can be a problem
Actual machinery may not need the time - mechanical forces exist.
other PLC programs have an Encoder in the mix.
how do you tell where the elevator actually is?

make two programs:
1 controlling program
2 simulator with all conditions the elevator can be in.

standard beginning is lowest floor with doors closed.
if button is pressed ?
move to the correct floor (in the beginning even move to the floor you are.)
open doors, waittime, close doors
go back to if

in simulator put the timers for all the movements. show them with flashing lights.

next step is remeber the buttons pressed.
next one is remember the sequence of them
next is optimize the movements (when using >4 floors)
add two switches when elevator is too low and too high
Open an old mouse and use it as a position sensor with a small wire connected to the cage with a counter weight.
speed up and slow down the movement.
if age >18 all above should be possible.

? did you make a flowdiagram (you will need two obvious)
find out how to make a statemachine in ladder.

enough for today

@Shooter, I'm gonna think about your idea.

@iant I was thinking to say at which floor is elevator with %MW#

%MW19-0st floor sensor
%MW20-1nd floor sensor
%MW21-2th floor sensor

%MW0-0st floor pushed button
%MW2-1nd floor pushed button
%MW2-2th floor pushed button

So when I push for example 0th floor button and my sensor (%MW19=active) it shows that the elevator is at 0th floor. Something like that.

if we push 0th floor's button %I0.0. and compare block %MW0=%MW19 is UP => the elevator is at the same floor so the door is opening.

And yeah my system begins with elevator at the 0th floor.

sounds good to me
- I am away for the next three days (wednesday morning here)
but if you need further help send or post program to me
Language will be hard
but I have twido software

I have progress : ))))
I've made when my system begins and the Elevator is at the 0th stage and when I push my 0th stage's button to open the doors, or/if I push 1st floor's button my elevator is moving first and then my door is opening. I did it with "program middle exits" (this is the translation I've thought up) %M3, M4 and M5, so for all directions I'll use these middle exits but with different number M6, M7, Mn and so on. It will be kinda long program as i can imagine it, but... for me it's not a small project :) Thanks for Your ideas :) And if you mind up something else let me know. I'll upload my project if you wish and if i hit the rock somewhere I'll ask for your help If you let me. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hey guys I need your help again, if you can help me. I will try to explain exactly what is my problem and then I'll upload .pdf files with my program to see it exactly how is it. So I am doing this thing: When I push 0st button %MW0 is becoming 0 "%MW0:=0" and my system knows that the elevator is at 0th floor. WHen I push 1st floor's button %I0.1 this word %MW0 is becoming 1 "%MW0:=1" (I have timers and etc (you'll see)) so the system knows that elevator now is at 1st floor, but when I push 0th floors button again to recall the elevator at 0th floor this word %WM0 is not becoming 0 and it is staying at 1. Can you tell me the reason, because I can't figure it out :( Thanks in advance for your answers

please post the zipped program

ALSO

it is good practice to lable - or give your buttons and outputs Symbol names.
I notice that the only way an output can function is if the timer times out - so you need to hold the button for that period of time.

Ask yourself howmany times do you HOLD a push button in on an elevator.