emulator or terminal software

anonymousPLC

Hey everybody, I am new here, so forgive me for any dumb comments I make 🔨...

moving on.. We are looking at buying a few older used PLC devices and before we crack the whip I wanted to see if any here knew if:
1. will any of these devices have trouble communicating with each other?
2. of these, which requires software to configure vs being configurable from a terminal emulator..

Allen Bradley PanelView-Plus 700
Allen Bradley PowerFlex 40 3P 460V 1.0HP
Allen Bradley 1769-L35E
Allen Bradley 1763-L16AWA
Allen Bradley 1408-EM3A-ENT

I know the PV+ needs software but I haven't been able to find any other information about the others. Any help is greatly appreciated!

For the Panel View and the Powerflex you can use "Connected Components Workbench" which is a free download. For the 1763-L16AWA you would need Rslogix 500. I'm not sure about the rest

For the Panel View and the Powerflex you can use "Connected Components Workbench" which is a free download. For the 1763-L16AWA you would need Rslogix 500. I'm not sure about the rest

FYI, The PanelView 700 needs "Factory Talk" to program it.

http://ab.rockwellautomation.com/Graphic-Terminals

Connected Components Workbench will program the PanelView 800 and some Powerflex drives. See link

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/g...onnected-components/tools/workbench.page#tab2

Last edited: