EN2T module as Ethernet IP adapter

kondababu

Dear all,

Please any body answer how to configure 1756-EN2T module as adapter(EthernetIP slave) to communicate with third party ethernet IP scanner modules.

Earlier I interfaced Ethernet IP devices based on the Assembly instances and no of input/output words. But in EN2T module configuration i didn't find any such configuration parameters if we want to use it as adapter module.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

In this type of setup you are using the 1756-EN2T as a Parent Ethernet communications module local to your Logix controller. It is not an adapter. It is a local communications module.

You then add your third-party adapters under the 1756-EN2T module as Child modules. If the third-party adapters you want to add do not have an Add On Profile (AOP) for use with Rockwell software, then you need to add them as Generic Ethernet Modules (ETHERNET-MODULE) from the Catalog list.

You configure the ETHERNET-MODULE instances according to the data supplied from the third-party vendor regarding data the Comm Format (DINT, etc.), Assembly Instances (100, etc.) and I/O sizes (125 x 32-bit, etc.) for Input, Output and Configuration.

Hopefully that will set you on the right path, but if you're still struggling then tell us which third-party adapters it is you want to add and we may be able to further assist you.

Example...

Logix_3rd_Party_Ethernet_Child_Module.bmp

Regards,
George

I don't this that's what he wants to do, George. I think he has a 3rd party plc or controller than can act as an Ethernet/IP master and he wants to use 1756 I/O with an EN2T and an adapter in that I/O rack. I know you can do this in a full AB system but I don't know how you would do this in a mixed system.

The other possibility is that the EN2T is in a rack with a PLC and he wants to do the equivalent of produced/consumed tags. I'm not sure if that is possible either.

Keith