Encoder needed for k5300 drive

arvind_g

Hello guys,
am trying to figure out what specs an encoder should have to correctly connect it to the auxiliary feedback on an AB Kinetix 5300 servo drive.
I intend to assign it as a master axis and cam to it the physical servo axis as a slave. I know the mechanical aspects,PPR etc that I need.Also I am sure that it needs to be an incremental encoder.
Main question is that while the manual says 'The Kinetix 5300 drives accept motor feedback of various types on the MFB feedback connector and auxiliary feedback signals from TTL incremental encoders on the digital inputs and auxiliary feedback connector.', can I use an HTL encoder with 5VDC output?
Using a CIP encoder is NOT an option because of the price.
Any help is highly appreciated in advance.
Thanks,
Arvind