Encoder Pulse Waveform

DCom

I have a question about an Encoder issue I am facing. Is it possible to read a consistent pulse waveform on a histogram from an encoder that is running through a 1771 DC Input Card? I noticed that in areas of my workplace where we are utilizing encoders, we have 1771 VHSC Modules. When I run histograms on those, I get an evenly, consistent waveform. We currently have one area where we are not using an Encoder Module, and I was wondering if possibly that was the reason I could not get a consistent reading, since the sampling rate of the DC Input is less than that of the Encoder Module.

Similar Topics

Hi; I have noticed that at our machines, when pulse frequency of encoder is high, OEM uses 5V encoders instead of 24V. What could be the reason?
Replies
Views
I have a tiny application where I need to measure a distance with a pulse encoder and get that information into a PC. What would be a low cost...
Replies
Views
So what is the best way? Encoder end of PLC grounded? In most of my experience it doesn't matter but I have an installation were it obviously...
Replies
Views
Situation: We have a new machine that has a Mits FX2N Plc and a MRJ2S servo amp and a FX-1PG "pulse generating module". Servo motor is geared...
Replies
Views
i will be able to use a rotary pulse encoder model 1xP8001-1, in this time the swiching is too slow, and i don't need a fast i/o, I will be able...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom