Entering TMR data in VersaPro 2.02

Viro

Hi,

I am trying to learn how to setup a timer in versapro. I am very new to this software. I am more familiar with Logixpro.

My question is I am trying to setup a timer but I am totally lost in how to enter the data into the timer. I have searched under just about every topic I can think of.

Can anyone point me towords some examples?

Thanks in advance!

Viro

GE PLCs don't have a dedicated memory area for timers like AB. Instead they use three consecutive %R addresses. The first of those three %R addresses is the equivalent of AB's .ACC variable. The second of those %R addresses is the quivalent of AB's .PRE variable. You can also specify either a constant or some other %R address at the lower left hand node of the function block. There is no .DN bit like in AB. Instead, you put a coil instruction at the output node of the function block. The upper left hand node of the function block is the enable node, same as AB. When you have a logic true condition there, the timer begins to time. If you select the TMR function, when there is a logic false condition at the enable node the timer stops timeing and resets just like AB. If you select the ONDTR function there is a second boolean node below the enable node. Logic true there resets the timer. When logic goes false at the enable node of the ONDTR function the timer simply stops timing. It doesn't reset. When logic goes back to true the timer resumes timing from where it was when it stopped.