EPlan Electric Help

Specifying Settings for Connection Numbering For EPLAN P8

Specifying Settings for Connection Numbering For EPLAN P8

Settings for connection numbering are saved in schemes. This way you can access previously specified settings at any time and even change them, if necessary.

Project data > Connections > Numbering > Settings
1. In the Settings: Connection numbering dialog, select a scheme from the drop-down list.

2. In the Filter tab select the check box for the trade and connection Notes: type you want to number.

3. In the Placement tab select where and how often you want to place
the connection definition points on the connections.

4. In the Designation tab, define the format groups that are to be formatted together.

5. In the Display tab specify formatting for connection designations generated on the connection definition point. Among these formatting options are, for example, horizontal and vertical increments of the connection designation from the connection line, as well as text color, size, etc.

6. Click [OK].
The scheme is now set up and will be used when you are numbering connections.

Hope this helps!!!

Thank you, but what should I do after configuring these settings ??
I put some terminals then made some connections with t-node ... now what should I do ??

1) Project data > Connections > Numbering > Settings

2) Project data > connections > numbering > placement (*)

(*) I use a dutch-version so I'm not sure what the name is the english version uses. It can also be 'activation' or something alike.

After this you should see something like '\????' across an electric line.

3) Project data > connections > numbering > coding (*)

After this the '???' are replaced with wire-numbers.

OK. At this moment I do not have the software so I can not test what you are doing but I will try to expain how I do it:

First of all: I have a different navigator (the page-navigator) on the left side where I select an subfolder.

1) Project data > Connections > Numbering > Settings

I select: connection general, conductor, cable, wire and wire bundle

2) Project data > connections > numbering > placement (*)

After this you should see something like '\????' across an electric line.

3) Project data > connections > numbering > coding (*)

After this the '???' are replaced with wire-numbers.

If this will not help you, let me know and I will try to make a video when I find time.

Try finishing the schematic.
I copied your example and it didn't work for me either. As soon as I added some relays to the other side of the terminals it worked.
Good luck

I think I was told one day that the problem with creating your own symbols is that when a new Eplan version is released you'd miss out on all the new symbols they've added. Your better off using Black Boxes.
If you do want to create your own symbols right-click on your project chose symbol>open.
Have fun!