ESA HMI and Siemens S7-300 question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I have an ESA HMI that is connected to a Simatic S7-300 (CPU312). I have uploaded the program from the PLC which is written with Step7 manager. The HMI is connected with the device below. My question is, am I able to connect to the HMI for an upload using the same DB9 port that I did to upload the PLC or do I need to connect a separate cable to the HMI? I am told I need Polymath HMI software for this and I would like to confirm this with someone who is savvy with ESA's. The model is VT50500000 with rev 2.3, date 29/10/2010. The touchscreen works fine but the display has lines all through it and only experienced operators that have memorized where the buttons are can use this thing. The customer already purchased an Automation Direct HMI before I arrived on the scene and would like me to change it to their new HMI. Although I have the PLC project, I have no descriptions or anything, which is why I would really like to upload what is in this HMI. Thank you

Screenshot 2024-01-18 070540.png

So I was playing with this yesterday and NOW, I see the program running in this CPU in my TIA V.18, which I couldn't before. The only difference is, I created the chassis and modules first. I did notice this also. It appears as though this COULD be the HMI, which has been the main problem all along. Does this mean I should be able to access the HMI from TIA portal?

Screenshot 2024-02-08 060020.png