Ethernet connection with Siemens S7-312C and CP343-1 Lean

edda

Hi!

I have a question regarding ethernet communication with a Siemens S7-312C and 343-1 Lean.

For some time I´ve been using the S7NetPlus library (https://github.com/killnine/s7netplus, in 10-15 diffrent projects) with different types of CPUs, Ethernet cards and so on and it works great.

But now when I try it against a 312C and 343-1 Lean (Both version 2.2 and 3.0) I can't get it to connect correctly. Is there something special with a compact cpu? If I try with Beijer iX (the HMI software we are using) the CPU response correctly.

(also post a this as an issue in github).

Best Regards

Edmund

You must look at the CP343-1 Lean Vs CP343-1 specifications. The lean CP, doesn't have an ISO communication. I think this is your problem.

You must look at the CP343-1 Lean Vs CP343-1 specifications. The lean CP, doesn't have an ISO communication. I think this is your problem.

Thanks for your reply nonuke!
But the problem is if I replace the CPU (leta say a 315-2DP) the Communication works great?! Still the same CP card.

BR Edmund

What type no of the 312C ? What firmware version ?
Can you use the CP343-1 LEAN for going online with the 312C with Simatic Manager ?

Hej Jesper,

The Number is 312-5BD00-0AB0. I dont have any info about FW version here. Yes i can go online with the manager via the CP card and Beijers iX software works as well...?!

I would update to the latest firmware (if it isn't already)

Sure I will tell the custumer to upgrade the FW to the latest (if not already).

But I just want to confirm that there should not be an issue with the compact CPU. Beijer is using ISOonTCP and that works great on the Lean card.