ethernet I/O map

daniel yang

Hi,
I use a 1768-L43S CompactLogix5343S Controller to connect with Rexroth with Air Weld Gun. the problem is when I use this controller to program , I can not find where I can download EDS file. The tool Menu does not show the EDS Hardware Installation Tool function. can anyone show me how to install the eds file? I will appreciate it. or use the different way to communicate with Rexroth controller.
Thank for help. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Daniel

Not to rain on your parade here... but that controller isn't available in the market anymore. Unless you have a spare, I'd advise the owner (if not yourself) to make a plan to get out of a bind.

Mostly because the S function may required additional checks when swapping over to a CPX, for example.

You may want to take this time to flash the processor to v20. The option is available in v20, but not in v19 that you are using. I believe it was a separate software then.

Hi I met a problem when I tried to update controller firmware. my controller is 1768-L43S and revision 19.11. I want to update to 20.11. But I can not download the new revision from the Allen Bradley website. anyone has the revision and want to share with me? I will appreciate it if you help me out.

Thank for your responding. It is really help me out. It is my first time to update 1768-L43S CompactLogix PLC. Could you show me how to flash my plc and update my application software. If I fail to update PLC, Can I go back old revision?

Use Controlflash to flash the firmware, it should have installed when you installed the firmware. You should be able to flash back to v19 if you need to. Make sure you get a up-to-date backup of the program before you flash it because the flash will wipe the program.

To convert the program, you just need to open the program, right click on the processor in the tree, and open properties window. Click Change Controller, and your processor and the new version. You must have RSlogix 5000 v20 installed to be able to convert to v20.

I can convert my program from 19.11 to 20.11. But I can not get 20.018. I do not know why it happened. for revision choice only have 19 or 20 options. I selected 20. program revision changed to 20.11 automatically. something I did wrong? or Can I use this revision to download to the PLC which is flashed as revision 20.018?

Last edited:
The major version number of RSlogix and Firmware must match, minor numbers do not.

There are some exceptions to this with v20 and v21, but the issues were resolved with RSlogix 5000 v20.04