Evaporative Compressor energy Saving

It is unlikely that you will use 3360Kw every day as they will be fully loaded only on hot days in the heat of the day, at night time they may only use half of the full load energy
The refrigeration system I work with the energy consumption tends to peak at about 60 to 70% of our conected capacity on a daily basis, but for that rare hot day at peak load we could get up to 85 to 90% for extended periods thats as high as I would want to go.
I was unable to open the attached file so guessing for
Possible reasons for differences
Your operation may not be a 24hour a day 7 days a week operation
You may only be reading one of the 3 energy meters.

I am going to ask why you cool the Palm oil to 10 deg C, as when I read the label on a bottle of oil here, it says store at room temperature, and I am guessing that your room temperatures will be about 25 deg C.

edit (Managed to open file in Note Pad)

You only seem to be showing 5 compressors and I think you said you had 7
When I add up the peak at 14:10 it came to 38 less than PM1 but Pm1 was 10 different from the peak connected compressor load that I had calculated

Does PM1 measure the load of Lighting, Pumps, Fans, etc

Last edited:
You only seem to be showing 5 compressors and I think you said you had 7
When I add up the peak at 14:10 it came to 38 less than PM1 but Pm1 was 10 different from the peak connected compressor load that I had calculated

Hi Gil47,

I am going to ask why you cool the Palm oil to 10 deg C, as when I read the label on a bottle of oil here, it says store at room temperature, and I am guessing that your room temperatures will be about 25 deg C.

The process is to cool & freeze(solidify) the Karnel-palm oil(oil from palm oil fruit seed) and then extract Stearic & Oliec Oil(two different oil name)by press machine(outside cooling room).StearicOliec
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_oil

PM1 is summation of Power of all Compressor1-7.Actually Compressor 6 & 7 are continuously running for 24h/day.I aproximated that to 2x19KW=38KW.As per drawing the meter reading is only for compressor system.

Another thing, Is it possible if we add one more condenser unit in series with existing condenser then it can decrease the burden over compressor and save energy.

Thanks

Last edited:
Dear All,

As per Danfoss data sheet the compressor(refrigerent-R22) COP is 2.86 for MT160-4 and COP of MT320 id 2.86 at evaporative temp 7.2 & Condensing temp 54.4 Deg C.Then why in this application as per Gil47's calculation the COP is only 1.9, is there any way to improve it?

thanks