EWEB Open Socket Interfacing

Requested length is wrong
22+8=30, you have 25

Why not to use ADD instruction to calculate it automatically?

It's a waste of time to re-write a code that was published 9 years ago.

YAY!!! I have it all working and reading incoming data. Thank-you very much!!!

Now since the sensor is inputting real-time data (every 100ms) do I just need to reset the read socket every 100ms? Or do I have to use the delete socket in the msg instruction and then re-call the create socket, open socket etc.?

You probably need to set Read timeout for 50ms and keep repeating
Once you get DN bit, then check length for >0
No need to reconnect, you can keep connection open

but you need to handle unexpected disconnects and errors.

OK, that makes sense. So I actually want the "read" to timeout then. I will try that in the morning...

Thank-you again for your help!

Yes, setting timeout is the correct way.
For TCP messages you will ged DN bit no matter if you got data or not.
Then you need to check buffer size if it's greater than 0

Ok my sensors is updating every 200 ms. I have the timeout set to 100ms. I put in the compare command but I am unsure of what I am suppose to enable after the compare command?

Read_Timeout.jpg Compare.jpg

If buffer is >0 then you have data.
It is up to you what to do with this data

Are you expecting someone here to write your code?
I helped you with sockets, the rest is not sockets related.
You should get support agreemnet and get provided samples.

No I am not expecting someone to write my code for me. I was just wondering how I get the read socket to update so I can get "real-time" data from my sensor. I understand that if buffer is > 0 I have data and can do what I want with it, its just how do I get new data because my radar sensor is sending new data every 100ms and my read buffer is not updating.

You simply repeat Read once MSG is done

You will get data every other time as long as conenction still open.

Above you said 200ms, now you are saying 100ms...
Also did you try Wireshark to see what data is actually coming?

Simply repeat is what I was having difficulty with. I figured it out now. You may be very knowledgeable but you don't have to be arrogant about it. This is my first time EVER using a PLC and RSLogix with only a basic programming background.

Have a nice day.

Easy, LOCITeam! Some guys may sound short on here, but they are giving you your money's worth. In my opinion, it isn't arrogance, so much as him trying to prod you into trying harder and displaying your efforts. I may be speaking out of turn, but this is how I feel about it.

There is a lot of laziness and ignorance* that shows up here for a quickie. Even if he is truly arrogant (which I doubt), he can back it up with skill, so be friendly and humble, learn much, put up with it... You are new to the field, so you may need his help again!

* (that is not derogatory, but factual)

;)

Last edited:
I will help you with specific errors, but I will not answer "It does not work, whats next?"

I care less what newbies say, but asking for solution without showing effort is not acceptable for me.

How do you expect to troubleshoot the logix using pictures that can't be read under any magnifications?

Why not to post your code here?

How you are going to write a sockets code without any basic training and understanding?

Why not to buy support contract to access the Knowledgebase?
It pays salaries of people who wrote examples for you and helping here in their own time. It pays my salary.
By helping here I want to show the value that you can get by purchasig support.

I could use an easier way emailing you these KB examples since I wrote most of them, but I will not, just because I want to see the effort.

Last edited: