Exact distance (Stroke) measurement

MitsM83

We have a machine that has a huge brake and clutch. MX measures the travel of this with a dial indicator every month for a PM. It only moves a few MM. Occasionally the shims need adjusted or pads changed.

I have been dreaming up a way to make the PLC do this every cycle then the PM could be backed up to a quarterly or semi-annual or something just to check the sensors.

Any one have any ideas, LDVT?

Similar Topics

Good Afternoon , I have a question concerning the ADC option for Studio 5000 and Powerflex 525 drives . I have it set for all 17 drives in...
Replies
Views
I'll start off with admitting I have a lack of experience when it comes to servos, but the previous ones I've done have all been rather...
Replies
Views
Can someone help me? i want to know what is the exact time of the machine downtime. Which when i go the machine i can just take note of the time...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, I know this from experience and I' interested in the theory behind it. Let's say we have two identical drives and motors with...
Replies
Views
I have a project that is conversion from RSView32 7.2 to FactoryTalk View SE 9.0. A large portion of the project connects to two OPTO 22...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom