Experience with using Codesys

Adenitz

Hi to all,
does anyone have experience with using Codesys software for PLC programming?

(https://www.codesys.us/)
What I can find out is that this software is manufacturer independent software for PLC programming that is made according to the IEC61131-3 standards.
So, this means it can be capable to be a programming tool for both Siemens PLC as well as for Allen Bradley.

I wonder if anyone has used it before and would like to learn about their experience?

Thank you!

So, this means it can be capable to be a programming tool for both Siemens PLC as well as for Allen Bradley.
Nope, will NOT do either Siemens or Allen Bradley.
It will do Wago, Beckhoff, Lenze and anything else that can be programmed with CoDeSys.
You'll need to install "targets" from each manufacturer if you buy the generic CoDeSys package.

What I can find out is that this software is manufacturer independent software for PLC programming that is made according to the IEC61131-3 standards.
'manufacturer independent' does not mean 'supported by all manufacturers'. It just means that it's not owned by one manufacturer (who then restricts its use to their own hardware).

AB and Siemens prefer to lock you into using their software, so they don't make hardware that will run Codesys. If you want to use Codesys in a PLC, you need to buy a PLC that supports it.

Thank you guys,
it sounded too good to be true anyway.
Do you have experience using this software?