Export contents of Blocks folder in STEP7

mikas_m

Hi,
is there any way to export all contents of Block folder (OBs, FBs, DBs, etc) to a text file?
I know it is possible to export symbol table, but not all FBs and DBs have their names in the symbol table.
Alternatively, is it possible to autogenerate symbol names for each block in the "Blocks" folder in the STEP7 (v.5.5) project?
This way I could export symbol table to a text file.

I need this because I need exact information how many FBs, FCs, DBs, etc I have in my STEP 7 project.

Thank you.

If you right-click on the Blocks Folder then Object Properties, it should give the number of FBs, FCs, OBs, and DBs.
Hi sigmadelta,
yes you're right and I know that, but I wanted to learn if I there is a way to export a list of FBs, DBs, FCs, so I can compare lists with different projects.
It seems that STEP 7 doesn't have this functionality.

The symbol list also contains all OBs, FCs, FBs and DBs, when they have a symbol assigned to them (which you should always do). So when exporting the symbol list to a text file you get also all the program blocks.
In the reference list you can search for blocks without symbols, so you can check up if all blocks have symbols assigned.

Apart from that, STEP7 has an excellent program compare function. You can compare offline to online, and offline to offline between two different projects.
Open both projects in STEP7, have the project trees open in 2 separate windows. Select the entire blocks folder of the 1st project. open the offline/offline compare function, select the blocks folder of the 2nd project.

Hi sigmadelta,
yes you're right and I know that, but I wanted to learn if I there is a way to export a list of FBs, DBs, FCs, so I can compare lists with different projects.
It seems that STEP 7 doesn't have this functionality.

Simatic Manager has a command line interface, but I have absolutely no idea what it can do or how to find documentation on it.

I think it's called the "Command Interface" which is somewhat hard to search for....