Export/import parse-able file of PLC program of a Mitsubishi iQ-R PLC?

JoshuaR

Is there a way to export/import parse-able files of the PLC program of a Mitsubishi Electric (MELCO) iQ-R PLC?

I am working with iQ-R PLC projects, and a lot of documentation is involved. I am trying to find a way to automate that, but I don't know how to get information out of the PLC project file in a way that I can parse and use to create the documentation. (Like tags, UDTs, AOIs, etc..).

I was thinking they'd have something comparable to how with Allen-Bradley PLCs you can export to an xml file, but I have found nothing like that.

Initially I just want to export to get info out of the project, but it would be nice to also be able to import to a project so I could programmatically create PLC projects.

From what I've found, apparently EZSocket is MELCO's collection of APIs for stuff like this (That description could be wrong), but I've been unable to find actual documentation that would help in using it for this.

Thanks,

Joshua

EZSocket is the communication utility there is not many ways to export much out of Melsec what IDE are you using i.e. GXWorks etc.
The only things I'm aware of are inport/export variables in csv format.

Last edited:
Ah, I was told by someone EZSocket might be the way to go, but was given no more info than that. If I had a PLC running with the program, could using EZSocket get any of that info out of the live PLC?

Yes, I'm running GX Works 3.

Are there any utilities for converting programs between AB and Mits?

I might not be able to get my hands on AB software anyway, we don't work with them at my current job.

There are a number of things, first of all do you have the actual program on file for what is in the PLC, GXworks 3 also comes with GXWorks2 many of the Q series use GXWorks2 but if you load GXWorks3 & select certain processors it loads GXWorks2, there is a way that the symbolic code (how it displays in FBD plus symbols & code can be stored in the PLC, however, most do not do it.
So if the symbolic code has not been downloaded without the original file there will be no comments or symbols, also it can only be copied to your PC in ladder, however, this code will be difficult to read as if programmed in FBD or ST there will be hundreds of calls to sub routines & no details.
If you have a PLC that is running then the way to go to see if there is a symbolic code is to go on-line upload from PLC & tick symbolic code if it exists it will upload it if not then all you get when uploading the program is as above with no comments or symbols.