External Data file editing (A-B RSLogix 500)

dwilson

Is anyone aware of an efficient way to create/edit SLC data file values outside of RSLogix, in a similar fashion to the way you can edit variable names and comments exported from the DB editor to Excel.

I'm looking to create a fairly large sequencer, and punching in a hundred or so hex numbers is going to be tedious. I've got a handy .xls file for creating the numbers.

Rockwell has a KB note about using .SLC files (NOW, I can't find it) to export the entire project, offline edit and re-import it, but they include a warning to test the program online before deleting the original. It seemed rather clumsy, compared to how nicely Excel works with names and comments.

-----------------

Dan

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I am investigating the pros and cons of different recipe systems for use in the new HMI template at my work. Right now the recipe data is stored...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I am currently working as a control engineer in an automotive plant (4 months ago) that has all the PLCs...
Replies
Views
Hi, i have a project where a simple step by step program has been created for a batching process eg.a recipie is selected and then an ingredient...
Replies
Views
I am wondering if it possible to send certain process data from the CPU 317T to an external harddrive or similar device through the CP 343-1 advanced
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm writing a program using Structured Text in B&R's Automation Studio. There's a block of code that I run frequently, and I'd like to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom