EZPanel w/ DL06 lookup text clues

tearhole

Hello all,
I have my combo: DL06 connected to EZPanel via rs-232.
I am looking through the manuals and using the references to attempt to get a button configured on the screen to toggle status messages. Once I can get this figured out then I should be able display multiple messages based on multiple criteria. First I just want to switch between two states. I have the button set up as an on/off switch. Because of our filters here I cannot upload any examples but here's what I have so far: Lookup text Object configured to monitor O 3000, an on/off switch (on hmi) configured to control C25, I created a rung as such: XIC C25-----------LD (load)K1 (value of 1) and LDA (load address) O 3000 (converts octal address to hex value and loads hex value to accumulator) and SETBIT O 0 (octal address of the bit).............The two messages I would like to display are: "MACHINE READY: press Start to begin" & "MACHINE NOT READY" -- clues please????? I know I missing more than one thing here but I can't figure out what since I'm a novice with hmi's. Thanks

Lookup text looks at a word

Think you are making it a bit to complicated. The way Lookup Text works is you give it an adress say V2000 in your PLC. This adress will have the vale your lookup text needs to know which display to show. you then use a MOV comand to move that data value in your plc to trigger the lookup text.

Example:
You have programed your touch screen so that your "status" lookup text needs a value of 10 to display "Machine is ready"
You have used the tag you created Status = V2000

Now in your PLC you load the value 10 into your V2000 memory location.

Basically the way lookup text works is that the value stored in the tag decides what message is displayed

The Message # is what you change with your PLC to get the various messages to show up.

I have not worked with a EZ-touch in some time but I believe it uses BCD so I do not think you have to do any data conversions.

Thanks for the tip, you pointed me in the right direction. I used the n.o. contact to load the desired message number to the accumulator. Then converted the address to octal and then output the data to memory where the hmi is looking.

It reads like this:

'XIC (C25)' THEN 'LOAD (message number)' AND 'LOAD ADDRESS (octal address)' AND 'OUTPUT DATA (memory location)
I used V3000 as the memory location and the Load Address makes the octal conversion: O 3000

Tested and works. Now I will begin the rest of my message database and incorporate the conditions for each into my ladder.

Thanks