Factory talk activations in a VM

Rushome

Hi,

I am using studio 5000 and trying to share my activations between my host pc and guest VMs. I have managed to get this to work using a windows 10 VM (the host is windows 11). I cannot get the same thing to work with windows 7 or 8.1 VMs.

Does anyone know a reliable way to get this to work?

Are you running the same version of FactoryTalk activation manager on the host and VM? That can sometimes cause issues if not.

Easiest way I've set it up is to set up a network adapter in the VM settings that is "Host-only". Meaning that it is connected to a private network that only connects to the host.

Once you have that set up, point your path to activation within FactoryTalk Activation Manager to the IP of the host.

Similar Topics

For my first time, I put a copy of Studio 5000 and Factory Talk Activation Manager on my customer's machine (On-logic Windows PC), then use remote...
Replies
Views
I am using Factory Talk view Machine Edition Runtime HMI. I want to configure on button in such way that when i press this button I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Looking for someone well versed in VBA that can either tell me a certain naming convention or point me in the right direction (I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi- I am configuring an alarm and event server to display 1 current alarm at a time on a big display. Having a few issues The alarm doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hi Friends; I have a red Explanation Mark on Factory Talk Directory in Task Bar. Before Update the windows and installation of AutoCad it works...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom