factory talk print based on event

Justshoot

I am using Factory Talk SE in local mode with a compact logix processor. I have a application with weigh scales, that when the scales are full and other criteria are met, I need to print the graphpic that holds the information. I have a tag configured in processor to trigger and created the event, in events but can't seem to get the printdisplay function to work based on the tag value.

Am I way off base or can't I do this? I also tried to just place the tag in the expression as you would with simple color or graphic.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated I'm at wits end trying to get this to work.

Last edited:
What is the Events action? The PrintDisplay command only works from a display, not the HMI server (like RSView32) or the command line. I have a similar dilemma that I need to solve.

One idea:

"22007 - Trigger Commands on SE Client from HMI Server", you will need a techconnect to view it.

I don't use events for that (since they are typically too buggy to handle complex reactions).

Basic steps:
1) Create a graphic display that will be Cached, always updating (and possibly hidden if you want).
2) Put a trigger digital tag on the display as a numeric display field.
3) Enable the field as a VBA Control.
4) Edit the VBA for the display to make an OnChange event for the field.
5) In the OnChange event, FIRST make sure that the field has changed to active (I use 1 to trigger action, and ignore change to 0), then you can setfocus to your scale display and print it from VBA, or you can more simply just print from VBA.
6) The VBA should reset the trigger field to zero, not the PLC. This makes sure it is received. The PLC should have a timer to reset it after some long timeout period, I generally use 10 to 20 seconds.