Factory Talk Restore Application

f16bmathis

I'm trying to restore a .MER file to a .APA file to edit in Factory Talk View Studio Release #6.00.00, Patch/Pack #00, Build #16. I started by going to Tools, Application Manager, Machine Edition, Restore Runtime Application,then selecting a .mer file I wanted to restore. When I click on OK, it says the file is not a valid runtime application file.

It worked on the laptop at work, just not my personal laptop. Is there a version problem?

Thanks!

a) Are you using the same FTView version (or newer) that it's installed in the laptop at work?
b) Are you using the same FT Platform version?
c) Did you installed RSLinx Enterprise on your computer?
d) Is the read only attribute of the .MER file set?
e) Do you know if the original project uses any ActiveX object?