Factory Talk Transaction Manager or something like that

stooperbike

So the end goal of this project is to take several PLC tags from a siemens PLC, a weight scale with a modbus connection and log them into am SQL database. I am starting to play with Factory Talk Transaction Manager on my desk and getting a few things to work. I have FactoryTalk Transaction manager setup to look at an AB PLC so RSlinx is the OPC server(and yes I realize I need 2 different OPC servers for siemens and modbus), and set up a ODBC server to get the data to SQL. It all works. I am not sure I like what it does, you can bind an OPC tag to one column which is fine, BUT how can it log alarms correctly? It would seem like I would have to create a column in SQL for each alarm, then when that alarm goes high FTTM would time stamp that time under the column. I would really like to have the alarm and time logged under 2 columns is SQL ALARM and TIME IN, but I aint got a freggen clue how to do soo_O. So really I just need to log data + alarms to SQL, is there another product I should be looking into? Kepware maybe? I inherited this project and we have gone down to many wrong roads already ( well mostly muddy trails), so I am trying to steer this on right! thanks so much for the help.

I think a SCADA system might be better such as FTView SE which can log alarms via ODBC to your SQL Server DB.

Factory talk transaction monitor shows failed

I think a SCADA system might be better such as FTView SE which can log alarms via ODBC to your SQL Server DB.

In my Factorytalk Transaction monitor shows all the transactions Failed. could any one help in this.