FactorySQL and FactoryPMI performance benchmarks available

surferb

Lifetime Supporting Member
A number of posters have asked for hard numbers in terms of performance for tags stored in an SQL database and concurrent clients in FactorySQL and FactoryPMI.

Here's a summary of the results and the full whitepaper.

In a nutshell, FactoryPMI Gateway - With a small server, expect between 70-100 clients at a time, depending on the size of your project. With a large server, 150+.

FactorySQL - depends more on changing tags than total number. Systems with upwards of 250,000 tags are feasible, as long as only a small percentage of them are actively changing every second. Tag throughput for a low-end server or high-end desktop computer, ranged between 2,500, and 13,000 tag changes per second.

Last edited: