Factorytalk Recipeplus freezing

Hello everyone,
I am new to factorytalk and have started getting more in depth. We have one machine that i am looking for some variables that are selected on the screen and then send signals to the PLC. i am guessing they are in the recipes based off the other things i have found, and there is two folders in the recipeplus, but when i try to open them the computer just sits there and acts like it is downloading but never changes. i have tried getting another upload from the HMI and a different computer with no such luck. I have read about the possibility of these files being stored off of the mer file. but when i looked up in the users file it talks about all that is there is an RPS file not the rpp file it says it should be. Any ideas. currently running version 10. thank you.