FactoryTalk RSView HMI check for broken tags

clementcbc

Hi Guys!

I was wondering whether you know of a non-painful way to check whether all the tags used in a FactoryTalk RSView project are broken or not?

We have several people working on the PLC and the HMI.
Sometimes, PLC guys change tag names without knowing it is referenced by HMI.

Is there a way to check whether all the HMI tags to PLC are still intact?

Thanks!

You might try the ADLauncher.exe utility in FT View. This is the Application Documenter tool, it has a tag cross reference feature that I have found useful before.

Yeah, i found that Application Documentor quite helpful as well.

It listed out all the Tag references references, which is good.
But it doesn't quite tell me whether or not that tag is valid.

I'm hoping to detect the case where an HMI button refers to {::[PLC Local]Program:Module1.SomeVariable} but PLC does not have that variable name.

Refers to RA knolwdgebase. TN = Technote. You will need a contract to view the TN. But the utility only works for HMI tags, not direct referenced ones. I don't know of a utility for direct referenced ones. I know tags that FTView can't find are logged to the diagnostic log. Try loading every screen, usually if a tag can't be found on the display, FTView will tell you.

Thanks!

I think it is possible in FactoryTalk View Studio click "run" for each page.
It will help pick up some errors broken links, though not all of them.