FactoryTalk SE and Crystal Reports

stooperbike

Hello All,
I am trying to come up with a way to print a report from an HMI screen in FTview SE Version 6. We are trying set this up so the operator does not have to use anything other than SE. There is an ActiveX component, I think it was "Crystal Reports Print COntrol 12" but it crashes SE when ever I try to use it. The word I got back from Rockwell was the activeX control is supposed to be used with VB.NET and SE uses VB6. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Its crystal reports 2008.
thanks!

If you have SQL server on site you may want to look at using the SQL Server report server (V2005 and up) and open IE and pass the query arguments as part of the HTTP request data.

Of course you may want to get IT involved to make sure you are not creating an opening for an SQL injection attack.

Report server has been around since V2000, but I think they did not add the capability to pass query parameters as part of the HTTP request until V2005.

Darren