FactoryTalk Studio ME: MER does not match apa?

shutout31

I had some issues with the following on 2 panelview plus 1250 i recently worked on. I am updating a single screen on two seperate panels Identical program. The change is accepted and saved withing Factorytalk View Studio ME and the MER file is created and loaded into HMI or tested on Laptop the screen doesn't perform the change. It will accept any other change on the other Display pages but one single screen. I tried backing up the file and restoring it and same problem. Tried deleteing Screen and importing a previous backup in the xml file and same problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thanks

This is a wild shot but it sounds like what happened to me. I mad a similarly named screen, identical at first. then I tried changing it but it wouldn't take. When changing to the screen in the application on the HMI it went to the original screen. I had made the mistake of leaving the screen change button pointing to the original screen which was still in the project.

Thanks for the reply, the issues isnt with the linked button. it seems to be the actual page. I am just removing text and a numeric input button from one display and leaving the rest of the text but it wont allow the change and resorts back to a old "update" of the screen. Thanks for the help though

So after making these changes you are remembering to recreate the run-time file. Right?

Have you tried testing the application on your own PC?

OG

i have recreated the MER "run time" file under the original name and under other names also and same issues. I have tried doing the Test Run time applciation on my PC and same deal.
Thanks

The Panelview Plus can hold many files. You have to tell it which one to load. I have had issues where a new filename was loaded to the Panelview but it was still running the old file. This cannot happen if your new file has the same name as the old, but thought it worth mentioning. Never understood why Rockwell thought that was a good feature. Lots of job security in these Panelview Plus applications. ;)