FactoryTalk v12 Favor

dmroeder

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hopefully someone with FactoryTalk Studio ME v12 can do me a favor. All I need is for someone to restore a MER, then make a new one targeted for v10 and send it back to me. If you're willing to help, PM me your email and I'll send the file.

Back story, FT does something dumb with the Activex that prevents it from being restored in v10 if it were edited in v12 (even if the MER is v10). I'm comparing 2 simple applications to see what the difference is and if I can fix it.

Thanks. You and one other person hooked me up.

Bummer here is that something is done to the GFX files when they are packed into the MER, so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to resolve this one. I'm not sure if they are compressed or what. The GFX file in the project directory is 8kb, for example, same file, when I extract it from the MER is 2kb.

Frustrating.

Thanks. You and one other person hooked me up.

Bummer here is that something is done to the GFX files when they are packed into the MER, so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to resolve this one. I'm not sure if they are compressed or what. The GFX file in the project directory is 8kb, for example, same file, when I extract it from the MER is 2kb.

Frustrating.

I know they did something special in version 12, because my time to create a Run Time file doubled.

I have one project with 120 screens takes 25 minutes to create a runtime file.

Ignition is looking better and better.

Are you listening Rockwell?