FactoryTalk V12 - Tag's Datatype is Unrecognized

cmadarymdi

Hello All.
I've been testing an application on both a PanelView and within FactoryTalk on my virtual machine. Testing was going fine until today when I was unable to get any data in my components upon pressing play, and realized all of my tags across all folders were now Unrecognized. Has anybody encountered this issue before? I can ping the PLC I am connected to just fine but cannot get any of the data to actually display in my application, just errors. It was running fine and all datatypes were recognized only a day ago. I have not made any fundamental changes to the application that could have caused this and am struggling to find any solution online.

Capture.PNG

Tags Under the 'System' Folder are Recognized

As per title, I have since noticed that the tags under 'System' are recognized, however, all other files are Unrecognized.

So that Tech Note is basically saying that this is a new column and it appears when connecting to "legacy" controllers. I'm guessing, PLC-5, SLC 500/MicroLogix. It says it is a visual item that does not affect runtime. In other words, you can ignore it. Updating to a newer version of the FactoryTalk Services Platform should clear it up. They mention upgrading to 6.21. Version 6.31 is the most current version.

But, it sounds like it did show correctly previously, and now it is unrecognized. And you aren't getting your data. Are you seeing error messages in the Diagnostic window?

OG

Last edited: