FactoryTalk View - Changing Password back to Previously Used Password

NikkoSuave

Hello.

I have not found any documentation on this matter.

I want the user to be able to change their password back to a previously used password, but ft view will not allow this. When the user tries to, a popup says this password has been previously used.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Edit: I should have stated I am using FT Security, not windows.

Last edited:
In FactoryTalk View Studio go to the Explorer pane...

Go to System > Policies > System Policies > Security Policy
Open Security Policy and under Password Policy Settings set the Previous passwords remembered to 0 passwords.

Recompile the application.

View%20Studio%20-%20Remembered%20Passwords.bmp

Regards,
George

Last edited: