factorytalk view ME synchronise greyed out

Bobobodopalus

Hi all,
i have only just recently started using AB software so im getting confused in a few places and dont know much, i do find it hard to find the right guides online, never seem to be for the right version of software im using šŸ™ƒ.

anyway...

im getting this greyed out synch error https://imgur.com/a/X9hYSeL when i am trying to setup my communication on factorytalk studio so that i can access the tags in the PLC.

this is the copied message:
Application type: FactoryTalk View Machine Edition.

CPR: 9
Server: 'RNA://$PRD_FD134101_16AF_4CB5_98D1_237F38334221/Boston_scientific/RSLinx Enterprise' on 'localhost'.
Shortcut path for data communication: Network Path. If the Network Path is unavailable, data communication is using Device Path.

these components are setup, ip addresses configured, etc.

i did previously have a design only setup in here that was synchronised, is there a chance that hasn't properly been deleted casuing my issue?

I seem to have gotten the connection working after adding the ACD file and restarting FT view studio, not sure why thought really.

the synchronise is still greyed out but i do have access to my tags at least now

The Verify button is useless. I never use this tool. All it does is check two things, 1. Have you assigned a Design path? 2. Have you assigned a Runtime path? It does not check if they connect to live PLCs. It is just checking that something has been selected for a path. Useless.

I have used this software since version 1.0 and have never used that Synchronize button. To me, Synchronize being greyed out means nothing needs to be synchronized. But again, ignore that tool.

I was an instructor for Rockwell, and I taught students to use this software. I told my students to ignore this tool. And yes, I told them it was useless.

In the Shortcut Verifier window image you posted, there is no error or warning message. It looks like you have one shortcut Called "Data_link" and the message is saying that you have assigned a path for both Design and Runtime. That is a normal message for this tool.

And I say that tool is useless because I can click between the Design and Runtime tabs and see for myself that the shortcut has been assigned.

OG