FactoryTalk View SE system tags not working

stallemanden

Hi,

I am having this rather strange issue.

In my FTView SE application (FTView SE 6.1), I have an area where I display current time and date.
I have numeric displays showing:
system\hour
system\minute
system\second

The issue is, that most times when my application starts, theese numeric displays are "empty". We all know the way it looks, if the tag requested is not available.

Is there anyone who has seen this issue before, where it would seem that all system\ tags are not working.

I am thinking that it might be some sort of service or so, that is not started correctly, but i have no idea which one to look for.

(Rockwell suppoer has been one big blop of silence)

I have done this with FTView ME never with SE. Where are you getting your tag data? From the PLC or from the host computer?

The tags
system\hour
system\minute
system\second

Are "build in" tags - they come with the FTView SE - system tags. So, tag data comes from the host. The content follows regional settings from the host computer.

It sure is.
And the "funny" things is, that at random, after a number of reboots, it works.
Then, at the next reboot it's bad again.

It seems completely random when and where the tags are working.

As a follow up.

I have given up on both Rockwell support and solving the issue.
Instead i added a numericdisplay which has
interval("1 sec")
in it's expression.
Then I have added the VBA code I need to run every one second, to the _Change method on the numericdisplay.

I added two lines to the VBA, that sets two labels with the time and date.