FactoryTalk View SE V13

tanderson05

In FactoryTalk View SE v13, how do I get an audbile alarm/bell from the PC speakers to work? The checkbox option that was in the alarm banner properties box is not available as it was in older versions.

Last edited:
it's the same as it was in v10. Alarm Banner properties -> States

Check boxes in the Sound column. Maybe your display is narrow and the column is scrolled off screen.

Make an invisible banner either on a toolbar/menu display that's always open or on a /ZA type display opened in the background.

On the event subscriptions tab make the event source reference just your particular alarm. Then in the states tab, use the configure sounds button to play the .wav you want.

You could also do this with VBA on a numeric display change event using the PlaySound API.

Code:
Public Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" _
        (ByVal lpszName As String, ByVal hModule As Long, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

3. Add this event into Startup macro with command:
EventOn Bell_Trigger

The simple question: Did you run your Startup macro or Command Line execute 'EventOn Bell_Trigger' prior to testing?

PS: This is certainly the hard way of going about it. Alarm Banner is the simple easy way.