FATEK modbus TCP communication fail with energy meter

acgtho

Hi, i cant establish communication between fatek plc with an energy meter, both capable for modbus tcp, i did with modscan but fatek plc does not get date from the meter. Do i have to set some special register of those indicated in the M-BUS function? thanks guys

Hello,

You have to check if in the Ethernet configuration tool you configured the service port 2 as Modbus client, after that you have to put in the service ports the ip addresses, port and remote addresses of your device while you can use the local addresses of 2 for the test.

In WinProLadder try to use the M-Bus function with port 2 and SR of R5000 and a WR that does not conflict with other registers. Make the Modbus table and put in R5000 and check the Modbus addresses of your device to access the data.

Try to use the monitor function on this M-Bus to check if the communication is correct. After that you need to move some bytes of the values you get to get the float value, for example:

current value is stored in R0 and R1 so you need to move R0 to D1 and R1 to D0 after that you can use DDx notation in variable table and see the correct float value.

Hope it helps.