Fault 0301 (Out of buffer memory) on 1756-ENBT

sanger

We've been getting this fault intermittently on a 1756-ENBT module. PLC needs to be powered down to reset it. The ENBT module revision is 4.8.

There is no PLC to PLC communication on the Ethernet but there are 3 SCADA systems reading/updating approx 200 tags each on the processor at 200ms update time. We have a system next to it that is running with no problems. The second system is identical except that the ENBT module is revision 4.3.

Any ideas.

I had a similar problem...
The ENBT was one of the products effected by the Atmel ASIC chip recall.
Look from the top of the card and there is a large chip and if the make is Atmel and the two numbers at the end of the next line read 64 you're in trouble.
Look at for Tech Note ID 41204 for more info.