Fault on a Micromaster 440 with Profibus adapter

I had a few drives give this fault before.
F0022 (Power Stack Fault)

Most times you could reset the fault and the drive will sputter along happy as a clam afterward.

But we did have 3 drives that never recovered from this, they locked out on F0022 and no matter what you did they would not budge.

We changed the I/O board, checked all wiring and grounding, disconnected motor leads and tried to run, all these are what the manual says to try.
Non of these things worked.

Changed out the drive and new drive worked just fine on same cable and motor.

Sent drives in for repair, and got quote of 2/3 what a new drive would cost so we just elected to purchase new drives.

Not much help I know but that is my experience with this fault.

Good Luck

BCS

We changed the drive out and away we went. The drive control power which was suppose to be 24volts was down to 18volts

Thanks for posting that.

Next time I get this fault I will check the same, and then see if the drive will work using an external power supply.

I have lots of Siemens 440 drives in operation some using onboard control power and some using external control power.

Maybe I can find a home for some of these if that is the only problem they face. Power supply is much cheaper than a drive.

BCS