Fault trapping

lm7728

Hey gang,

I am a newbie to the PLC game, and I have a Contrologix to support. There are about 7 or 8 Faults that are setup, but it would appear that the fault that shuts down my machine eludes me. What is the best/easiest way to trap the fault so I know what happened first. Examples would be great.

Greetings lm7728 ...

welcome to the forum ...

personally, I'm not exactly sure I know what you mean when you say that your existing program has "about 7 or 8 Faults that are setup" ...

I'll assume (gosh, I hate that word) that you mean your program has a "fault handler" configured ...

many (most?) PLC programs don't include that particular feature ... so most of the time, when the system stops due to a "fault" we immediately go to the "fault" tab and read what it says there ...

if this approach isn't working for you, it might be because the original programmer's "fault handler" is wiping out the information before you get a chance to read it ... in that case, I suggest that you ZIP and post your entire ACD project file ... we'll be glad to take a look and offer detailed advice on how to proceed ...

I hope this helps ...

fault_reading.JPG