Find tags that are used but never set

The only way that I have managed to do this in a large program is to save the file as L5K and then process the resultant file in excel

Even then it was not perfect as it did not know about HMI and message communications

True unless it is a safety rated processor or PLC such as Guardlogix or Guard PLC.

Agreed, but over your career you'll be blown away by the number of people that think an e-stop can be a regular input to a SLC 500...Unbelievable! (and downright scary to be honest)

Agreed, but over your career you'll be blown away by the number of people that think an e-stop can be a regular input to a SLC 500...Unbelievable! (and downright scary to be honest)

I think the confusion comes in from monitoring the E-stop with the PLC. Techs see that and assume that the E-stop goes to the PLC, not a PLC and a MCR. I have ran into that a couple of times. Infact I was at a place where the E-stop input was jumpered around. It stopped the aalrm from showing up but the machine was still coming to a screeeching hault.