Fix32 "database dump"

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a project using a customers existing Fix32 platform.
I have to convert the tags from PLC5 to Controllogix.

I am trying to get up to speed on Fix32. I have done a ton of Wonderware and a few Citects but no Fix32 or iFix.
I want to do a "Database Dump" (like in WW Intouch) and edited the tag names and "Access Name" (like in WW Intouch).
Can this be done this way in Fix32? I know exactly how to do it in Intouch.

with iFIX you would export as CSV, make your corrections in excel and re import back into iFix.
Keep an eye open for extra quotation marks in the file. sometimes excel will "help you out" by adding these and iFix will fail on import because of them.

You said fix32 so I'm not sure its the same as the later versions referred to as iFix - but you open DatabaseManager.exe and look for export. It should be easily located. With later versions that use the ribbon it's a large icon on the left.
Fix32 (prior to version 4) might be different but it should be at least similar.

Nathan.
If you can find an old DOS utility called GDB-Make it will make this much easier. The utility allows you to export the GDB database file into CSV files broken down into different block types. It also allows you to filter out the tags you are interested in without having to convert the entire database.