FM450-1 counter module

a7med918

Hi all,
i have FM module starting with 1512....1575 i/p address in hardware but i cant get this adress in PLC s7 program
how can i find this address to follow up it?

thnx . best regards

Generate source code for all of your blocks and then search the resultant text for "1512" and/or the hex equivilant.

i didnt find any result for helping if i want to upload my program what is the sutable site for uploading for all members?

Create a new library in simatic manager. Copy your project blocks to the library. Archive the library then post the resultant zip on here.

1512(decimal) = 5E8(Hex)

Convert 5E8(hex) to pointer format (SLD3) gives 2F40(hex) which is located in DB310.DBW10 (or DB310.DBD8)

FC200 reads the value from DB310 to indirectly address the counter.

My God ... and people wonder why Siemens gets criticised for unneccessary complexity. What would we do without people like L D[AR2,P#0.0] ? Brilliant work, Holmes.

L D[AR2 said:
1512(decimal) = 5E8(Hex)

Convert 5E8(hex) to pointer format (SLD3) gives 2F40(hex) which is located in DB310.DBW10 (or DB310.DBD8)

FC200 reads the value from DB310 to indirectly address the counter.

DEAR Mr. L D[AR2,P#0.0]
Thnx for yr information I go to FC310 and found some STL condition included DB310 but i cant understand how you know that specially DB310 is used in encoder i find also FC200 but also i cant understand the i/ps meaning i try to use siemens help to determine the main function of these 10 i/p but i cant find any help refer to that i go then to OB101 find 1512 is pointed and transfer to DB310.DBD8 but i cant collect all this data with other plz help me - sorry i know that i am asking more question but still need yr help

I ran your code in the simulator with no h/w config and checked the diagnostic buffer for accesses to PIW/PQW1512, this led me to FC200. Each call to FC200 is passed a DB so I removed the calls until the PIW/PQW1512 accesses were no longer reported in the diagnostic buffer, this led me to DB310. I monitored DB310 online and there were only a couple of non-zero entries, this led me to DBD8 which I changed and the diagnostic buffer entry changed as well. QED.