Forced IO in RS Logix 5000

Hello All,

I am using Allen Bradley Control Logix system, from the machine supplier I got the controller program developed in RS Logix 5000, whenever I am downloading that program, the system issue a message like "The program has some forced IO",
so, how I can check that what different physical inputs the programmer has forced in that particular program...

Thanks in advance....

Hi,

The way i have done in the past is to go into your controller tags & select monitor tags whilst online, you should see the tag name, tag value, force mask, etc...
*If you cant see force mask, right click the column headers, toggle column & tick the Force Mask

If you look at any of the IO cards you will see the value in red & "Forced" in the force mask column, e.g. an input card:
IO Card Name, SlotNumber:I {...} Forced
When you expand the data of the input card
IO Card Name, SlotNumber:I.Data.0 0 1

Hopefully this helps,

Ash

Hello, I find your problem kind of odd, on the controllers I've used so far (Indralogic and Omron) if you try to change the state of the controller and you have forced variables you'll get messages like: "there are some forced variables, their will be unforced " or "unforce the variables before changing the status of the plc". Isn't there the option to unforce them all? Have a nice day.