Fridays....

go angling.....as two best times to fish is when raining and when it is not raining.i suggest we should work for 2 days and fish for 5 days

Deep sea fishing on Sat

Family reunion on Sun

Beer at the first but they frown on it at the second, although I wish it were allowed it would make things more interesting.

Just got home from a pretty hectic commissioning in Copenhagen, so I hope to relax this weekend.

relax and recover some sleeping time, drinking beer with the neighbor and having a dinner party....

Or maybe not in this order..:)

testing my new high output alternator on my summer car also

I've drawn the afternoon shift this week, so my weekend starts at midnight tonight, but I'm making up for it with some old school table top gaming with multi-sided die, and hopefully some paintball Sunday

More work than play for me this weekend...

I am going to quit wearing flip flops in the shed this weekend...and as long as it's damp and green only wear my Georgia Boots back there. No more night wood working barefoot in shorts for this Okie. Between the snakes, rats and porcupines...

Install carpet in my truck tomorrow, and see if I can get the old A/C to take some R-134a. My '88 Chevy long bed extended cab truck has 246,000 miles on all but the long block and transmission. Original u-joints even. Last year I got the A/C to take a can and it worked for a month then sat for 6. The compressor is about done; it sounds like a diesel rattling when I switch it on Then I am going to finish cutting up two trees, mow, and drive 60 miles to pick up my youngest son.

Hopefully, we'll take a detour through Medicine Creek Sunday when I take him home...best swimming hole in SW Oklahoma.

What kind of snake is in my picture below?

It's not the same pattern or color of the others I have seen up here. It had no ratlle, but a wide head, and fangs. I mangled its head a bit before I snapped this picture.

Last year about this time of year, I was mowing...pushing my 128 dolloar mower along my south fence which runs alongside a little gulley and a 4 foot copperhead slithered down the rocky bank. I went and got my shotgun, but it was about dark and I am deathly afraid of poison ivy, so I didn't pursue it past the rocks...

That evil little plant is the scariest thing in the woods for me. Leaves of three can cripple me.

PiEaCe!

Maybe Copperhead found in Shed IMG_0313.JPG

My wife's mother is sick so she is staying there longer than expected. I'm going to pick up the kids and dogs from their house (4hr drive) after mowing the lawn and paying some bills.

Drive back Sunday and get ready to juggle work and carting the 8 and 11 yr. old to their various summer activities this week.

Please say a prayer for my mother-in-law if you are into that sort of thing. She can use all the help she can get. COPD is horrible (<preach /on> while you are are at it, stop smoking or if you don't smoke, encourage someone else to quit!<preach /off>).

My Friday went from bad to bad to bad to ARRGGGHHHHHH.... Needless to say we had to change a main drive motor on one of our MG sets..

Copperhead?

What kind of snake is in my picture below? ....

...That evil little plant is the scariest thing in the woods for me. Leaves of three can cripple me.

I'm no snakeologist, but from what I remember from long ago, that flat head and fangs make me think it's probably venomous, check out http://www.oksnakes.org/index.cfm?snakeID=2&venomous=0&patterned=0&striped=0&solid=0&all=1

Leave of three, let them be has been my credo for a long time as I also have severe dermatitis reaction to Toxicodendron radicans.

I spent the weekend moving rock and mixing concrete trying to repair my 6' driveway culvert due to a gully washer two weeks ago that overfolwed and eroded the banks at the bottom of the valley. :(

Last edited:
CHUD

I agree, it has been a long month for the liver, at least it is over now, notice the absence of car flags? 🍻

GIL

lets not even mention the rugby :cry:

Back
Top Bottom