FT View and RSLogix 500 Tag file not created

tjoneill

Hello All,
I created the shortcut while setting up comms in FT View to a Logix 500 processor, then a offline tag file to the processor .RSS file but it did not create the tag file name in the View program. So, i used DB browser and moved all the tags to the FT program with the correct linx shortcut. Now in the tag folder all the descriptions are their, but when i assign the button to the tag, no descriptions.
Any thoughts would be a great help. Thanks

RS Logix 500 is address based. The descriptions that you give to the addresses are not downloaded to the processor. The tag browser in ftview will only show the data files & not the descriptions.

Similar Topics

Good Evening Gentlemen, we have a FT View SE client running in windows 7 system, now I want to update that system with windows 10. I did the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am working on a project that provides for each operation performed by the operator to save on variables "N" and "T"; which will...
Replies
Views
So I am working with an application that I'm using a ML1100 PLC and a Panelview 800 HMI. I am trying to display a Timer's .ACC value on the HMI in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have used Rslogix 5000 with Factorytalk view and it's pretty simple when you try to use the tags because it searches for the .ACD file but...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, I have a program for some sprayers on my auto line. Its written except I need to add an adjustment and I have tried several ways but am...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom