FT View ME PlantPAX process library 4.10.06 faceplates locked?

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some difficulties changing faceplate values inside the FactoryTalk ME edition with the PlantPAx process library 4.10.06. All editing fields are greyed out inside the faceplate, except the field for specifying the security area. I'm using the default security area "area01". This is not something I have experienced before. Based on experience from other projects with older software revisions, entering the security area inside the faceplate will unlock all fields for editing.

Software versions in use:
Studio 5000 version 35.00.00
FactoryTalk View Machine Edition (ME) version 13.00.00
PlantPAx process library version 4.10.06
CPU 1769-L33ER

For my PlantPAx test object, I'm getting the following warnings:

Item '[HMI]Program:XXX.M1_ResInh.HMI_Type' is unresolved in the processor on route CompactLogix at 192.168.50.40

The same warning type appears for:
.M1_ResInh.HMI_Lib
.M1_Perm.HMI_Type
.M1_Perm.HMI_Lib
.M1_Ovld.HMI_Type
.M1_Ovld.HMI_Lib

I checked the Rockwell compatibility tool. Everything is in good order.
The communication between the PLC and HMI is good.
I can change the PlantPAx object values inside Studio 5000 under the instruction logic for the add-on and these changes will instantly appear inside FT runtime application. However this is not optimal.
All PlantPAx objects are using "area01" inside Studio 5000.
When testing the application, I'm logged in with all security codes ticked/enabled under runtime security.
The FactoryTalk Linx communication device shortcut is pointing towards the PLC processor and "copy from design to runtime" has been initiated. The shortcut verifier seems to be good.

Please let me know if you need anything else regarding this troubleshooting.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Screenshot 2023-05-10 090839.png Screenshot 2023-05-10 090923.png

Are you really?? Did you miss this step?

For each object instance in your Logix code, you assign an area using the tag member, Cfg_Area, as shown. Two user groups must be created in the FactoryTalk directory for each area. One named ‘{cfg_Area}_Advanced’ and one named ‘{cfg_Area}_Basic’. These groups are used to grant or deny permissions on the faceplates for these objects

Edit: Look for this text in the manual "Create Area User Groups"

Also, sorry for the sarcasm above.

Thanks

Thanks a lot. My apologies for missing that critical information from the manual. I guess my eyes glazed over over the chapter too quickly.