FT View SE Redundancy

Tim Ganz

In FT View SE redundancy is it just a primary and secondary(backup server) or can there be multiple servers like tertiary, quaternary, etc?

Also when running this kind of setup are all clients connected to the primary server or can you designate some clients to the primary server and other clients to the secondary or tertiary server?

Also how is this redundancy monitored and controlled?

Just Primary and Secondary. You can have other HMI server pairs as Primary and Secondary, but no tertiary....etc.

As I understand it:

All clients connect to the current Primary only, and fail over to the Secondary as dictated by the FactoryTalk Directory system. The Primary and Secondary keep tabs on each other through the FTD and over the network. You can monitor and control redundancy through FTV Studio application, FTD Admin Console, or perhaps though your graphics with some configuration.