Rockwell RSView SE - REDUNDANCY? Who is using it? How's it going?

Lakee911

Is anyone here using the latest version of Rockwell FactoryTalk View (RSView) SE in a redundant server configuration?

How well does the redundancy feature(s) work? We recently deployed a redundant iFix system and it was an absolute mess. We're still working w/ Support a year later. :(

How much more work is it to set up a redundant system over a non-redundant system?

Thanks,
Jason

My initial reaction to your post was:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

But that isn't very nice. I've been more on the programming end than the administration end of a recently deployed RSView SE V4.? system. The redundancy works fairly reliably. The HMI and Data server almost always will switch over when the primary server fails. Alarming is something we've had major problems with.

Supposedly, all of the problems we've experience with our redundant system are magically fixed in FTView SE V5.1 which we are presently developing for another area.

I would be very interested in hearing more about your system and observations. If you're willing, send me a private message and we can discuss this in much greater detail.

I'm not sure why my post was funny.

I've heard good things about version 5, but I've not actually found anyone using it (yet).

Thanks for your comments.

Jason