FTV ME Question

PLC Pie Guy

Good morning all.
I am just working on a PVP Compact 1000 project using FTV ME 7. I have been building screens and adding animations and button actions all the while linking them to tags in an offline RSL 5000 V21 project.
No issues.
Now that I have almost 80 Tags used in my FTV project I would expect to start seeing them in my "HMI Tags" folder of my project manager. But there is nothing there except the system folder of tags.
I am used to RSV32 where I would first put the tags in the HMI Tags folder and then use them from there rather than an offline project. I have had no formal training with FTV and am self learning this.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you are linking the buttons, actions and everything else to tags directly in the PLC, you will not see them in the tag folder.

To add tags to the tag folder you have to add them manually, and then point those tags to the Tags in the PLC.

Cheers

Mark